The January/February Analog contains my short story, “Party On.” Check the table of contents for the other stories and authors. This will be my 19th appearance in the magazine since 1997. I think I received my Analog MAFIA pin after my second story, which didn’t really seem “frequent” to me, but Making Appearances Frequently in Analog felt awesome. Analog was the first magazine I read regularly, starting in junior high.
Month: December 2022
I post online constantly, but I keep doing it on FaceBook, which is dumb since I pay for the existence of jamesvanpelt.com.
Sheesh! Here’s what’s been going on lately:
- I attended World Fantasy in New Orleans in early November. World Fantasy is my favorite major convention. Huge number of pros to talk to, and New Orleans is a great place to visit.
- I attended MileHiCon in Denver in October. This is my local convention. I have so many friends that I only see there.
- I’ve sold 8 stories this year, including ones to Asimov’s and Lightspeed.
- The paperback edition of The Best of James Van Pelt has been released. It’s also available as a Kindle book.
- The Western Colorado Writers’ Forum interviewed me and broke the long talk into two separate episodes. I find it interesting to chat into a microphone.
It’s Christmas, almost! What better gift can you give them a book. If you are interested in mine, you can find them here, complete with extra info and reviews.
Happy holidays, all.